Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This is not an example of "good" writing.

Sorry I've been more or less M.I.A. the last few days... But I promise, it's not just you, Dear Blog. I have also been neglecting Facebook, Twitter (not that Twitter gets that much attention from me, anyway...), emails, the other blogs I follow, and sleep. Been reading on my Kindle like cuh-RAZY though. Had a wonderful weekend, where I watched one of my best friends get married (SQUEE!) and got to spend time with my nephew, which I haven't gotten to do in a while due to the craziness of the work schedule. This honestly made the *second* time I've actually seen the child in person since he was born a couple of months ago. I'm a horrible aunt. Hopefully I'll get better at it, but my job apparently hasn't gotten the memo. Neither has my crushing lack of interest in anything other than the pursuit of sleep, despite my complete inability to actually do so. On that note, though, I have a doctor's appointment in a couple hours! Hooray for medication!

The main purpose of this post, however, is to get a few things off my chest. These are some things about me that may be helpful to know if you plan on spending any time around me. It may also clarify things for those of you who already DO spend lots of time around me, as if you didn't already know it. Also, this is not exactly a happy post, as there have been quite a few people to really tick me off lately for a multitude of reasons. Generally there are only a couple kinds of people that have the ability to get me ranting. But this list does start off on a positive note.

  1. I *love* my friends. I love the uniqueness of the individual relationships, whether it's quirky shared interests/dislikes, love/hate of the same kind of books/movies/music, chatting about family, deep philosophical discussions, the tons of laughs, an established Mutual Admiration Society, or any combination of the above. Even if a friend does something a little "questionable" on occasion, and we all know that happens, I will still defend them, respect them, support them, and love them without reservation. I hope they would do the same for me.
  2. I can be a little chilly at times. I don't mean the "grab a sweater" kind, either. I enjoy and desperately need lots of personal space and time, and need to be able to disengage from social situations frequently. This may look like I'm shutting down a little, but I'm just needing to decompress before I can start getting involved again. I hate large gatherings, and I also hate to appear rude. So at times I will totally flake out on parties and events, because the thought of feeling or even *looking* like I'm uncomfortable or anxious causes me anxiety. I hate this about myself, because I know that I'm missing out on stuff, and that there's a good chance I'd be just fine. Then there's that "but", though. For this, I apologize, because I know it may seem like I'm uninterested or careless.
  3. However, I am NOT easily impressed. If you are always talking about your "connections" or all the people you "know," or if you totally, honestly believe that you are the most in-demand individual when it comes to whatever and your ego is large enough to require its own room, then yes, I am uninterested. I do not care. I do not feel bad about not being interested in all the names you drop, I do not feel bad about NOT being impressed. I am NOT impressed by people with no skill other than using the skills of others to get yourself things you don't deserve or into places you don't deserve to be. Like your job. Trust me, I'm nowhere near as impressed with you as you are.
  4. I. Hate. Drama. I hate drama. I hate it when someone gets pissed off because someone "spoke to them wrong" (note, this is usually the kind of person mentioned in #3, and it's almost *always* an overreaction due to over-inflated sense of self-importance) and talks about how they "REALLY DON'T APPRECIATE THAT KIND OF TREATMENT, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THAT, AND THEY'RE GOING TO TRY REALLY HARD TO KEEP THEIR COOL. So they're just gonna forget about it, because it's bullshit and it just ain't worth their time. And then they talk about it the rest of the fucking night, to everyone they talk to. And yes, they would say that in all caps, too. It's that obnoxious.
  5. I. Hate. Liars. I hate people who cannot mind their own business, and where factual information is lacking they decide to insert their own wild conjecture. I think those people should go fuck themselves, and not try to hurt me or my friends. Because you know what? I wouldn't do that to you, and I don't think anyone that I'M friends with would either. I think you're a total ass hat, but no matter what I think of you, I would stick to the truth and what I know for sure when speaking of you to others. Your actions speak for themselves. As do mine. I can be honest while keeping it classy. You might even think I was complimenting you for your massive skillz in being an ass hat.
  6. I am not good at confrontations. I am much more a delete-you-from-my-life-without-comment-even-though-I-soooooo-want-to-say-something kind of person, because *I* was raised to believe that if you can't say something nice to someone, it's best to keep your damn mouth shut.
  7. I am not good at numbered lists.
  8. I do have more ideas for blog posts, and someday soon may even post them. I promise I'm not always such an angry person.
  9. I should have stopped at #8. Or #1.
  10. But I'm pretty sure that if you have a numbered list it's supposed to go to 10. I may regret this later.
   

4 comments :

  1. In spirit of your list:
    1. i like your post 2.you were fun at my party :) 3. i am awesome 4. wtf people?!?! Chill 5. F-YEAH! SUCK IT PEOPLE!!! 6. T/P!! (that's the Throat/Penis combo punch YOU came up with miss "i'm not confrontational"... 7. numbers are easy 8. yay 9. no 10. concure on both parts

    ReplyDelete
  2. BA HA HA HA... I am super-proud of the T/P combo punch idea. I still use it. (The phrase, not the actual punch! So far, anyway... *shifty eyes*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So ... 1. Sometimes friends are as good as if not better than family, because they are in your life because of a choice and not because of an accident of birth. 2. Having your own space refreshes you for the times when you deem yourself ready to share space with others (and some days are harder than others). 3. As you say, those who talk about themselves incessantly are probably only impressing ... themselves. 4. Drama? Ditto. 5. Telling the truth is so much easier ... that way you don't have to remember what you said and to whom you said it. 6. How true. And often, we have to keep our damn mouths shut, don't we? 7. Me either, I usually get stuck about this point. 8. I don't feel you are an angry person at all, merely opinionated. 9. Why? If you have things to say ... 10. Never regret that which once made you smile :) Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed! I'm ALWAYS happy to make people smile!

    ReplyDelete