Monday, October 31, 2011

Is that a wad of Kleenex in your hand or are you just happy to see me? Wait...

In theory, fall began on September 23rd, and will last until December 22nd. Weather-wise, it began much more recently. Still, the leaves began turning, the new season of TV shows started up, and everyone started decorating for the holidays. Some people of course skipped straight over Halloween and Thanksgiving to Christmas, but Halloween is definitely getting lots of love this year. (Although I'm not sure how "Halloween-related" LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" is, jack-o-lanterns made out of lights definitely count.)

However, I'm not here to talk about people whose neighbors must be ready to move by now, I'm here to talk about me. Me me me, and my pitifulness.

Fall weather finally started. And with it, I started to feel a little tickle in my throat. Last Wednesday I had a major dizzy spell at work, which I have now been forced to fully accept that my body subjects me to as a sign of impending illness. I wasn't really hungry all that day, and the next was much the same. Another big indicator. It didn't help that on Thursday my alarm didn't go off, so I got up later than usual. My own fault, because after setting it, I forgot to hit "save." (Note, this same alarm of mine will go off after I've turned off the alarm and then deleted it altogether from my phone.) Anyhoo, it's Thursday, I'm panicked, and even after I'm no longer panicked I feel nauseous and my throat is killing me and my nose is alternating between stuffy and runny and my head is pounding. So at work I ask if I can go home early to get some rest... Nope! I was supposed to get off at 5, and the girl who would be coming in to take my place didn't get back to us until 3:30. Whether I get a lunch break or not depends on how long I work, and by 2:30 I knew that I needed to eat whether she was coming in or not so I decided to take my half-hour lunch break and just finish out the day. The miserable, miserable day. Friday I was off work, and my sore throat took over. Saturday I was also off work, and the sore throat was even worse. Sunday I barely had any voice, and was exhausted from not being able to breathe.

Luckily I got a 3-day weekend, so I spent all day Sunday sniffling, coughing, and playing Need For Speed Most Wanted on the PS3. I'm not very big on playing games, but I whoop ass at the racing games, and am a *pro* at escaping the cops in Need For Speed. When I have trouble with a race, I hand it off to The Hubby. When the cops start chasing, he hands it off to me. We also noticed that it's a lot harder to make it through all the challenges than it is to actually beat the races at the end of each level. It's like having to beat Bowser repeatedly throughout the game, and then you're only having to battle a Koopa Troopa to level up. WTF.

I called in sick to work today, because I laid awake all night last night coughing and not being able to breathe for being so clogged up. My throat is still super sore and I'm just wore out from it all. I'm pretty irritated that it's not an awesome Halloween-related reason. It's a stupid season-change reason.

No comments :

Post a Comment