Tuesday, May 24, 2011

CH-CH-CH-CHANGES!!

...Or not.

You know how when something is supposed to happen, and then it doesn't happen like they said it would, and you feel stupid for listening to rumors about it? Harold Camping's followers do (HA!), but I didn't even realize the similarity between their plight and mine until I just now typed that out. It makes me feel even MORE stupid for making such a mountain out of a molehill when their mountain out of a molehill was a much bigger deal, for them AND for pop "cult-ure" history. Here I am worrying about a job-related change, when they were all worried (actually they seemed pretty damn excited) about the end of the world. Probably excited at the demise of us heathens.

Anyhoo, hooray for positive sorts of letdowns! As in "Hey, that wasn't as bad as I was being led to believe it was!" Am I being vague enough for you about the job-related non-change? Because it doesn't really matter. It's THAT MUCH not a big deal. It's only a big deal when you build things up in your head before you know what the hell's going on. This is normally not even something I do, but with everything going on in my life right now it's my first instinct to jump to the worst-case scenario. Now I'm lookin' like a fool with those beliefs on the ground.

That's really all I have to say for now. Actually, I have lots to say--as always--but I'm going to try to keep these things more topic-focused when a specific topic is indicated in the title. (See? This post is all about "Change." Or a lack of it. But see, even "lack of change" still fits the general topic becau... *stopthatnow*)

Now I'm going to go to bed, because it's starting to seem like that "third wind" of energy I caught may have had a hint of nitrous oxide, causing a headache and a serious case of the sillies.

No comments :

Post a Comment